101 Reasons to Save with Scotiabank
Terms and conditions
The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
- “Promotional Period” refers to the period from May 20, 2021 to August 31, 2021
- “Promotion” refers to this promotion and not any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs
- “Eligible” refers to any individual qualified to participate in this promotion
- "Scotiabank" or “Bank” means Scotiabank (Bahamas) Ltd.
Every deposit of BS$250 or more into your Scotiabank Saving account gives you a chance to win a prize. Enter multiple times by making deposits of BS$250 or more throughout the promotional period.
- 2 iPhones
- 15 Grocery vouchers valuing BS$200
- 25 Gas vouchers valuing BS$50
- All Scotiabank customers who deposit BS$250 or more into their saving account during the campaign period will earn one (1) entry per deposit, into an electronic database, to qualify for an opportunity to win one of the prizes listed below.
- This promotion is open to legal residents of Bahamas, 18 years of age or older, who have or open a Scotiabank saving account, with the exception of employees of The Bank, its respective parent companies (The Bank of Nova Scotia and Bank of Nova Scotia Group) and subsidiaries; their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and/or those living in the same household of any of these employees. Employees of The Bank’s advertising and promotional agencies, as well as their immediate family members, (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and/or those living in the same households are also not eligible to enter.
- Eligibility is restricted to Scotiabank customers who make a deposit of BS$250 during this promotional period.
- At least 50% of monies deposited should still be in the account at the time of the draw.
- Drawing will take place on September 30, 2021.
- Winners will be randomly selected from Epiphany, an electronic customer database. Five (5) additional entries will be drawn as back up winners.
- Drawing will be done on September 30, 2021, at Scotiabank Marketing Department – 11th Floor, Scotiabank Centre, Cnr. Duke and Port Royal Street, Kingston
- Prize will be presented to the winners within 5 days of confirmation.
- To be confirmed as the winner, the customer will be required to present formal legal identification (driver’s license, national ID or passport) and provide proof of the debit credit card related to the winning receipt.
- The prizes are not transferable and are subject to change at the discretion of Scotiabank.
Consumer Disclosure / Notification of winners
- The winners will be notified by telephone within two (2) days from the date of the draws. To be confirmed as a winner, the customer will be required to provide formal legal identification (driver’s license, national ID or passport).
- The winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance and Release. Completion and signing of the Affidavit must be done within five (5) days of the official notification from the Bank, in order to confirm the winners.
- Contact will be attempted using the Account phone number as found in The Bank’s records. If the winner cannot be contacted by telephone, after four attempts, within two (2) days of the draw date, the Bank has the right move to the next selected backup winners name.
- The winners’ names may be published in the media. The winners must agree to the use of his or her names and photographs without compensation in any forthcoming publicity by Scotiabank. The winners will also be responsible for any taxes, insurance and expenses not explicitly stated as part of their prize.
- The winners will forfeit prizes not collected within five (5) days after the winners have been duly notified, without any subsequent compensation to them. Only the winners will be able to accept his/her prize.
- If prizes are unclaimed the Bank reserves the right to retain the prize.
- The deposit of BS$250 or more into your saving account constitutes your consent to participate in this Promotion and your consent for The Bank to obtain your name, address and other information for the lawful purpose of administering this Promotion and for other uses as permitted by applicable law. Scotiabank reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all entries of an entrant who Scotiabank believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest.
- Prizes are not transferable and are subject to change at discretion of The Bank. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. The Bank will not be responsible for changes to the prizes which result from circumstances outside of their control. Scotiabank will issue no representation or warranty in respect of the prize.
- Customers agree to be bound by the Bank’s operating processes and procedures, account operating terms and conditions and confidentiality requirements.
- Complete Terms and Conditions will be made available on the Scotiabank website at bs.scotiabank.com
In all matters relating to these promotions, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding in all respects.
Scotiabank has the right to exclude any individual from this offer in its absolute discretion without any obligation to provide notice or reason.
Scotiabank reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary the terms and conditions of this promotion or change or withdraw this promotion at any time without giving any reason. In the event of a dispute arising from this promotional offer, the Bank’s decision is final.
These terms and conditions apply only to this promotion and do not apply to any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs or any other promotion or program in conjunction with the Bank and any other entity or brand.
Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under license.