AERO Rewards Terms and Conditions
Definitions - page 2
- We are not liable for and you release us from any and all claims in respect of:
- Any accident, loss, damage or injury you or those travelling with or without you suffer while travelling on a Scotiabank Aero Reward which may be caused or contributed to by travel or other suppliers or by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the direct control of Scotiabank or Visa Inc. or MasterCard International Inc., their respective affiliated companies and their directors, officers, employees and agents.
- Any loss or damage you suffer by reason of the loss or theft of your Scotiabank Aero Rewards or paper or electronic tickets or other travel documentation delivered to you through any means.
- Loss or theft of any Travel Reward.
- Suspension or termination of the Program for any reason.
- Suspension or termination of your membership in the Program, the closing of your ScotiaPoints Account, or the cancellation, forfeiture or invalidation of any or all of your ScotiaPoints.
- Cancellation of any Travel Reward.
- Limitation on availability, delay or cancellation of flights or other form of travel or cancellation or unavailability of any accommodation or service in connection with any travel package.
- Changes to airlines' black-out dates or any changes to Travel Reward levels.
- Non-availability of any requested award.
- Correspondence which is lost or delayed in the mail or otherwise or misdirected communications such as mail or e-mail or any consequences thereof.
- Non-delivery by a travel supplier of any travel package or failure to provide a travel package as described.
- Our failure to provide you with a ScotiaPoints statement.
- Any errors or omissions in any catalogue and other sources.
- Claims resulting from performance or failure to perform by a supplier.
- Scotiabank makes no warranties or representations of any kind regarding the Program, which is provided on an as-is basis. The Bank expressly disclaims any warranty and conditions including implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, and those arising by statute or otherwise in law or from a course of dealing or usage of trade of any travel package.
- In no event will Scotiabank or Visa International Incorporated or MasterCard International Inc. be liable to you for any consequential, incidental, exemplary or punitive damages. ScotiaPoints have no monetary or cash value whatsoever and cannot under any circumstances form the basis of a monetary claim against Scotiabank, Visa Inc., MasterCard International Inc. or any of their respective affiliates, directors, officers, agents or employees.
- All documentation, including tickets are issued subject to the general rules, regulations, tariffs and terms of transportation established by the supplier of such products and services. None, of the Bank, Visa Inc. or MasterCard International are agents for any supplier of such products and services.
- Should you decide to cancel the Card and close your Card Account, you may redeem any unused ScotiaPoints within 60 days of closing your Card Account, provided the Card Account is in good standing, and you are not in breach of the Scotia Aero Platinum Visa Cardholder Agreement at the time of closure. After 60 days, all unredeemed ScotiaPoints will be forfeited. If we cancel or revoke your Card for any reason, you will not be eligible to redeem your accumulated ScotiaPoints and all accumulated points on the cancelled Card Account will be forfeited.
- Cancelled Card Accounts will be ineligible to earn ScotiaPoints after the cancellation date. If the Card has been lost or stolen, all applicable ScotiaPoints will be transferred to a new ScotiaPoints Account.
- Customers should examine all Card Account statements including ScotiaPoints Account balances and entries carefully. In case of errors, you should notify us, in writing, within 30 days from the statement date. After 90 days from the statement date, our records of your ScotiaPoints Account and the details of any transactions will be considered correct and binding upon you. Thereafter, we will be released from any claim with regard to your ScotiaPoints Account.
- You are responsible to advise us of any changes of address or contact information.
- You must have ScotiaPoints earning or redemption activity at least once every 36 months (calculated on from the anniversary date of the first ScotiaPoints accrual and every 36 months thereafter) in order to retain your ScotiaPoints. ScotiaPoints expire after 36 months of accrual.
- We may share, exchange and disclose such information about you with other parties, such as participating partners, merchants or service providers, as required to administer the Program or to fulfil the redemption requests under the Program or pursuant to a court order or pursuant to a governmental agency holding legislative power to compel such disclosure. All collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be in accordance with the Scotiabank Group Privacy Agreement.
- We may change, modify or delete any aspect of the Program and these Program Terms and Conditions, regulations, Scotiabank Aero Travel Rewards and special offers at any time without prior notice to you. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Program changes may include, but are not limited to, (i) changes to the restrictions, benefits or features in whole or in part applicable to the Program; (ii) changes to any Reward(s), (iii) changes to the ScotiaPoints required to be redeemed for any Rewards, or (iv) changes to the formula upon which ScotiaPoints are earned. In addition, we may place additional conditions and restrictions on ScotiaPoints collection, consolidation, conversion, exchange, redemption, combination or transfer, including caps on the number of ScotiaPoints you can collect each year, minimum and maximum ScotiaPoint limits and restrictions on types of benefits that may be obtained.
- We will notify you of any changes to the Program or the Program Terms and Conditions in accordance with applicable law and in any of the following ways: a notice on our website at www.scotiabankaerorewards.com, a notice in our branches, a notice in your monthly statement, a notice prominently displayed on our ATMs, or a notice addressed to you at your last address in our records. We will post the revised Program Terms and Conditions on our website at www.scotiabankaerorewards.com. Your continued use of the Card Account means that you agree to and accept the new Program Terms and Conditions as amended. If you do not agree with any of the changes made or with the revised Program Terms and Conditions, you must immediately stop using the Card Account and notify us that you are terminating your participation in the Program.
- You may view the current Program Terms and Conditions by visiting www.scotiabankaerorewards.com or you may call Scotiabank Call Centre at the telephone number provided to you in the Welcome Package you receive with your Card to pick up a paper copy or you may inquire at your local Scotiabank branch.
- As of April 1st 2008 the Program has no predetermined termination date and may continue until Scotiabank decides, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Program. We may suspend or terminate the Program at any time without prior notice to you. Cardholders will have 60 days from the date Scotiabank announces the termination of the Program to redeem ScotiaPoints. The Bank must receive requests for redemption of ScotiaPoints within 60 days from the date the Bank announces the termination of the Program. Any suspension or termination of this Program may result in the forfeiture of all accrued ScotiaPoints.
- Program membership is a privilege, which can be revoked or limited by us at our discretion at any time and without compensation.
- Fraud or abuse of ScotiaPoints use may be subject to immediate administrative or even legal action.
- All interpretations of the Scotiabank Aero Rewards Program Terms and Conditions as well as all questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, the availability of any offers or travel packages or of a Cardholders compliance with the Program Terms and Conditions shall be resolved by the Bank in its sole discretion. Questions or disputes concerning ScotiaPoints will be determined according to the terms of the Program Terms and Conditions in effect when the subject Qualifying Purchases are posted to your Card Account.
- You agree that any and all disputes, claims or causes of action arising out of or connected with the Program or any travel package provided pursuant to this Program, to the extent the same is not within Scotiabank's sole discretion as provided in these Program Terms and Conditions and is not governed by the terms and conditions established by the supplier of that travel package, shall be exclusively governed by the laws of the jurisdiction in which the Card was issued, to the exclusion of the courts of any other state, territory or country. You hereby waive any venue or other objection that you may have to any such action or proceeding being brought in any court other than in the territory where the Card was issued.
(i) Travel redemption chart to be used for flight travel only
|Roundtrip Destinations||# of ScotiaPoints Required|
|Within the Caribbean||20,000||40,000|
|Caribbean to Miami (MIA), Orlando (MCO), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), & New York (JFK & LGA)||20,000||40,000|
|Caribbean to North American East Coast (excluding destinations listed above)||30,000||60,000|
|Caribbean to North American West Coast||50,000||100,000|
|Caribbean to Central America, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela||50,000||100,000|
|Caribbean to Europe||70,000||140,000|
|Return airfares within the Continental USA||30,000||60,000|
|One way airfares and destinations not listed above||Variable|
(ii) Any flights from the originating regions mentioned on the chart above would be priced for redemption as per the points mentioned in the table.
(iii) Any flights from the originating regions mentioned "Variable" will be priced at US$0.015 per point. For example, if a ticket costs US$1,500, you would need 100,000 points to be able to use the variable rate.
(iv) Any flights from or between regions outside of the regions mentioned on the chart will be priced at US$0.015 per point.
(v) For other travel benefits like hotels, car rentals, cruises and other travel related packages, ScotiaPoints are converted to dollars off the cost of any hotel, tour package or cruise reservations for any destination at a rate of 100 ScotiaPoints to US$1.50 .
(vi) Any travel demands with less than 14 days from the date of travel would be priced at US$0.015 per point.
(vii) All flights need to originate from the country of Cardholder domicile.
Conversion to local currency◊:
US$1 = Bahamian dollar 1
US$1 = Belize dollar $2 BZ
US$1 = Barbados dollar $2 BDS
US$1 = Jamaican dollar $120 JMD
US$1 = Trinidadian dollar $6.60 TT
US$1 = US$1 for Turks and Caicos
Conversion rates are subject to change in the Bank's sole and absolute discretion without prior notice to you.
Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia.
MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.