How to apply
To apply for a Scotiabank account, you’ll need visit your local Scotiabank branch and bring the following items with you:
1. One piece of government-issued ID, with photograph and signature, such as:
- Driver's licence
- Military ID card
2. One secondary piece of identification:
- An additional primary piece of identification
- Letter from your employer
- Pay Stub
Proof of address, such as:
- Utility bill
- Bank account statement
- Copy of lease or letter from landlord
If you are a non-resident customer, a reference letter or a current account statement from a reputable bank is required.
You can download the Application Form.
Also, be sure to read our Personal Financial Services Agreement [PDF 360 kb] for all the details on having an account with Scotiabank.