Terms and conditions
“Convert your bigger credit card purchases into bite size monthly installments with 0% set up fee”
The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
- “Cardholder” means the primary cardholder of eligible Scotiabank credit cards.
- “Promotional Period” refers to the period from April 20th to December 31, 2022.
- “Promotion” refers to this promotion and not any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs.
- “Eligible” refers to qualification to receive an offer to participate in this promotion.
- “Eligible Purchases/transactions” means any retail, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase or Point of Sale transactions not including returns/credits, any fees and/or bank charges which is eligible for conversion to a SelectPay ™ Plan. For Trinidad and Tobago issued cards, only local currency transactions will be considered Eligible Purchases/ transactions.
- “SelectPay™” is a new credit card feature that allows retail credit card customers to convert the payment of Eligible Purchases into monthly installments.
- “SelectPay Plan” means the repayment plan which allows a Primary Cardholder to repay certain Eligible Purchases in 3, 6, 9 or 12-month installments in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Scotia SelectPay ™ Plan.
- “Set Up Fee” means the one-time, non-refundable, SelectPay ™ Plan set-up fee charged at the time an Eligible Transaction in converted to a SelectPay ™ Plan. The Set Up Fee is a charge to cover operational costs associated with setting up the SelectPay ™ Plan. The Set Up Fee forms part of the Minimum Payment in the first statement following the creation of the SelectPay ™ Plan.
- "Scotiabank" or “Bank” means Scotiabank (Bahamas) Ltd.
These Terms and Conditions are in addition to the terms and conditions which govern the Scotiabank “SelectPay” Plan and supplement the terms and conditions of your Scotiabank Credit Card Cardholder Agreement (the “Cardholder Agreement”). Capitalised terms used but not defined in these Terms and Conditions shall have the meanings defined and set out in the Cardholder Agreement.
How to Participate
- All Cardholders that convert an Eligible Transaction to a SelectPay ™ Plan during the Promotional Period will have a Set Up Fee of 0%.
- For example, if a Cardholder completes a transaction of USD$250 and converts it to an installment plan using SelectPay ™ during the Promotional Period the Set Up Fee for the Eligible Transaction will be USD$0.00.
- After the Promotional Period, the Set Up Fee for converting Eligible Transactions to a SelectPay Plan will return to the usual fee charged in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Scotiabank “SelectPay” Plan
- This Promotion will apply only to Eligible Purchases completed and converted using SelectPay™.
- A purchase must be equal to or greater than USD$250 (or local equivalent) in order to be an Eligible Purchase and must be converted in the same statement period in which it is posted to the SelectPay™ Plan.
- This Promotion is open to legal residents of the jurisdictions in which eligible Scotiabank card was issued and who hold an eligible credit card with the exception of employees of the Bank, its respective parent companies (The Bank of Nova Scotia and Bank of Nova Scotia Group) and subsidiaries; their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and/or those living in the same household of any of these employees. Employees of the Bank’s advertising and promotional agencies, as well as their immediate family members, relatives and/or those living in the same households are also not eligible to enter.
- Eligibility is restricted to select Cardholders whose accounts are still active, in good standing and has not been frozen or closed.
- There are no limits on the number of SelectPay ™ Plans that a Cardholder can set up during this Promotional Period. All transactions in local and USD currency are eligible. However, for Cardholders whose cards have been issued by Scotiabank Trinidad and Tobago Limited, only local transactions/ purchases are eligible.
- Transactions from unauthorized card use or those made with lost, stolen or fraudulent Scotiabank cards will be considered void in the matter of this Promotion.
This Promotion is a limited-time promotion which will run from April 20th to June 30th, 2022.
A Cardholder’s entitlement to the waiver of the Set Up Fee under the terms and conditions of this Promotion will be forfeited in the event that the Cardholder ceases to be a Cardholder at any time during the Promotional Period.
* Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia used under license.
In all matters relating to this Promotion, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding in all respects.
Scotiabank has the right to exclude any individual from this Promotion in its absolute discretion without any obligation to provide notice or reason.
Scotiabank reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary the terms and conditions of this Promotion or change or withdraw this Promotion at any time without giving any reason. In the event of a dispute arising from this Promotion, the Bank’s decision is final.
These terms and conditions apply only to this Promotion and do not apply to any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs or any other promotion or program in conjunction with the Bank and any other entity or brand.
* Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia used under license
® Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
® VISA is a registered trademark of VISA International Service Association..
American Airlines® reserves the right to change AAdvantage® program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice, and to end the AAdvantage® Program with six months’ notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. Unless specified, AAdvantage® miles earned through this promotion/offer do not count toward elite-status qualification or Million MilerSM status. American Airlines® is not responsible for products or services offered by other participating companies. For complete details about the AAdvantage® program, visit www.aa.com/aadvantage. Scotiabank issues the Scotiabank/AAdvantage® card. American Airlines®, AAdvantage® and Million Miler are trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express. This card is issued by Scotiabank pursuant to a license from American Express.
For further details on Credit cards please visit the following websites visit bs.scotiabank.com