Back to School Credit Cards Campaign
Terms & conditions
The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
- “Cardholder” means the primary cardholder of eligible Scotiabank credit cards.
- “Promotional Period” refers to the period from July 15, 2023, to September 8, 2023
- “Promotion” refers to this promotion and not any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs.
- “Eligible” refers to qualification to participate in this promotion.
- "Purchases" means any retail, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase or Point of Sale transactions.
- “Eligible Purchases/transactions” means any retail, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase or Point of Sale transactions not including returns/credits, any fees and/or bank charges.
- “Eligible credit cards” refer to selected Scotiabank credit cards.
- “Good standing” means the account should not be overlimit or past due any amount.
- “Reward” refers to the prize fully described below that a customer may receive if they are selected as a winner in the Promotion.
- "Scotiabank" or “Bank” means Scotiabank (Bahamas) Limited.
This Promotion is opened to legal residents of Bahamas who are 18 years of age or older. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the applicable laws of the named country.
How to Participate/ Prize:
During the Promotional Period Cardholders from the different countries will receive one entry for every Eligible Purchase with a minimum spend as outlined below. There is no limit on the number of entries a Cardholder may receive during the Promotional Period.
Number of Winners
Minimum Spend requirement
Maximum Cash Back
For example, if a Cardholder in Jamaica does 3 transactions, one for JMD$15,000, another for JMD$25,000 and another for JMD$44,000, this customer will receive 2 entries in the Promotion - one for the spend of JMD$25,000 and the other for JMD$44,000.
- Each entry will qualify the Cardholder to be entered in to win one (1) cashback prize valued at the Cardholder’s total spend during the Promotional Period to a maximum as outlined above Note that a cardholder can only win once in the “Scotiabank Back to School Campaign.” The number of winners per country is also noted in table above
- Prizes will be credited as a cashback to the applicable credit cards by October 31st, 2023.
- This Promotion is open to legal residents of Bahamas aged 18 years of age or older, who hold an eligible Scotiabank credit card with the exception of employees of the Bank, its respective parent companies (The Bank of Nova Scotia and Bank of Nova Scotia Group) and subsidiaries; their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and/or those living in the same household of any of these employees. Employees of the Bank’s advertising and promotional agencies, as well as their immediate family members, relatives and/or those living in the same households are also not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
- Only transactions at the following merchant groups are considered eligible for this Promotion:
College, University Education
Elementary, Middle, High Schools
Computer / Software Stores
Vocation, Trade and Business Schools
- Eligibility is restricted to selected Cardholders whose account is still active at the time of the draw, is in Good Standing and has not been frozen or closed.
- All Eligible Transactions will be submitted as entries; there are no limits on the number of entries a Cardholder may receive. All transactions in local and foreign currency are eligible.
- Transactions from unauthorized card use or those made with lost, stolen, or fraudulent Scotiabank credit cards will be considered void in the matter of this Promotion.
- The draw for the prizes will be done on Tuesday, October 10th, 2023, by the Scotiabank Regional Product Marketing Units for the participating countries.
- The allotted number of winners will be randomly selected from an electronic customer database with qualifying entries using a randomizer. Four (4) entries per country will be drawn as back up winners.
Consumer Disclosure/Notification of winners
- Attempts to notify the winners will be made by telephone, 3 times within three (3) business days from the date of the draw. Should the Bank be unable to speak to the winner by telephone within the aforementioned period another winner will be drawn from the back up winners in their stead. After being notified by telephone, an email will be sent to the winner. The winner will then be required to provide proof of their age and sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance and Release within three (3) days of the email notification to be confirmed as a winner. The winner will also be required to provide proof of ownership of the Scotiabank credit card that was used to win the prize within the stipulated time period. A valid form of National identification must also be presented to collect prize. For example, National ID card, Passport, or Driver’s License.
- If the winner declines to fulfill these conditions to collect the prize, their eligibility will be voided, and another winner will be drawn from back up winners in the order they were selected. All unaccepted prizes will be retained by the Bank.
- Contact will be attempted using the Cardholder’s phone number as found in The Bank’s records. If the winner cannot be contacted by telephone within three (3) business days of the draw date the Bank has the right to offer prize to back up winner.
- The winner’s name may be published in the media. By participating and accepting a prize the winner agrees to the use of his or her name, image in videos and photographs without compensation in any forthcoming publicity by Scotiabank. If disagreement is expressed, the prize may be forfeited.
- The winner will be responsible for any taxes, tips, insurance and expenses not explicitly stated as part of their prize, and must agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Bank from and against any or all claims, losses, injuries or damages resulting from participation in the Promotion.
- The use of your Eligible credit card to make purchases constitutes your consent to participate in this Promotion and your consent for The Bank to obtain your name, address, and other information for the lawful purpose of administering this Promotion and for other uses as permitted by applicable law. Scotiabank reserves the right, with consultation and approval from the relevant Gaming Commissions (as applicable) to void any and all entries of an entrant who Scotiabank believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest.
- This Promotion is a limited-time promotion which will run from July 15, 2023, to September 8, 2023.
- A Cardholder’s reward earned through participation in this Promotion will be forfeited in the event that the Cardholder ceases to be a Cardholder at any time during the Promotion.
- Prizes are not transferable and are subject to change, with approval from the relevant Gaming Commissions (Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Commission in Jamaica, National Lotteries Control Board in Trinidad and Tobago, Gaming Authority of Guyana, and the Gaming Board for The Bahamas in The Bahamas) as applicable.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- The Bank will not be responsible for changes to the prizes.
- Scotiabank will issue no representation or warranty in respect of the prize.
In all matters relating to this Promotion, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Scotiabank has the right to exclude any individual from this offer in its absolute discretion without any obligation to provide notice or reason.
- Scotiabank reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary the terms and conditions of this Promotion or change or withdraw this Promotion at any time without giving any reason. In the event of a dispute arising from this Promotion, the Bank’s decision is final. These terms and conditions apply only to this Promotion and do not apply to any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs or any other promotion or program in conjunction with the Bank and any other entity or brand.
These terms and conditions apply only to this Promotion and do not apply to any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs or any other promotion or program in conjunction with the Bank and any other entity or brand.
To unsubscribe from receiving communications about and to opt out of this Promotion please call the Scotiabank Contact Centre by dialing the number on the back of your Scotiabank credit card.
See further details on Credit cards.
* Trademark of The Bank of Nova Scotia, used under license.